The Cobb+ Co Museum in 27 Lindsay St, Toowoomba City is part of the Queensland Museum Network in the Garden City of Queensland. It houses the National Carriage Collection as well as relics of Toowoomba and the Darling Downs’ cultural history.
The Cobb & Co Museum showcases 47 horse-drawn vehicles dating back to the 19th century. These vehicles were collected and restored for more than 30 years by W. R. F. Bolton to initially form the Cobb & Co. Collection.
The Cobb & Co. Collection includes the Landau, considered the Rolls Royce of carriages and other vehicles such as delivery carts and farm wagons of the horse-drawn era.
Included in the museum are also over 100 artifacts which include tools, machinery, saddles, as well as domestic and occupational items.
A trip to Toowoomba will never be complete without a visit to this must-see tourist destination!
- View interactive displays and exhibits.
- Take part in heritage trade workshops. There are available workshops for beginners and experts (one to five days).
- Learn a traditional skill and create something amazingly beautiful and functional with your hands.
- Explore the National Carriage Collection and discover the vital role of the horse-drawn vehicles in the development of Queensland.
- Immerse yourself in the cultural history of Toowoomba especially the Australian transport era.
- Discover how your body can use and store energy by testing your power at the Energy for Life Discovery Centre.
- Bring your kids back in time at the Coach Stop play area where they can be shop attendants at the Museum General Store.
- Let your kids dress up in clothes of the era and let them experience a ride on the life-sized replica horse.
In between these activities, enjoy the best scones in Toowoomba at the Cobb’s Coffee Shop and the best in fresh Vietnamese food restaurant in Toowoomba at Original Saigon Restaurant .
You can choose to either eat in, pick up or our brings to your door services. We also offer Gluten-free(GF) and Vegan(V) options in our menu.
Below is our direction on map
Original Saigon Restaurant
286 Ruthven St,
Toowoomba City QLD 4350
The Cobb+ Co Museum is just a stone’s throw away from the famous Queens Park. Book a tour now! Call +61 (0) 7 4659 4900
- Children under 3 years old – Free
- Children 3-15 years old – $6.50
- Family with 1 adult and up to 4 children – $25
- Family with 2 adults and up to 4 children – $32
- Concession – $10
- Adult – $12.50
Admission is free for Toowoomba Regional Council residents (bring Proof of Residency).
Find out more of Australian culture at the Queens Park & Botanic Garden.